Alison Deich is a partner in Cohen Milstein's Antitrust practice. In this role, she represents a broad range of plaintiffs in antitrust, environmental, and civil rights litigation.
Ms. Deich is highly regarded for her ability to quickly engage with economic and scientific experts. Since 2020, Super Lawyers has consistently recognized Ms. Deich as a "Rising Star" in the Washington, D.C. Metro Area.
Ms. Deich is working on the following high-profile antitrust matters:
- Jien v. Perdue Farms, Inc. (D. Md.): Cohen Milstein serves as co-lead counsel, representing a proposed class of poultry plant workers, in a suit alleging that the nation’s largest chicken and turkey producers conspired to suppress their wages. Since July 20, 2021, the Court has preliminarily approved settlements with six defendants for $134.6 million. Litigation against the remaining defendants continues.
- In re Broiler Chicken Antitrust Litigation (N.D. Ill.): Cohen Milstein represents a class of broiler chicken consumers in a suit alleging that the nation’s largest chicken producers, including Perdue Farms and Tyson Foods, conspired to raise the price of chicken. On December 20, 2021, the Court granted final approval of settlements with six of the defendants for a total of $181 million. Litigation against the remaining defendants continues.
Ms. Deich is also involved in other high-profile matters on behalf of the firm, including:
- Thompson v. Trump (D.D.C.): The NAACP and Cohen Milstein represent members of Congress in a suit alleging that Donald J. Trump, the Proud Boys and the Oath Keepers conspired to prevent members of Congress from carrying out their duty to certify the results of the 2020 election on January 6, 2021.
- Cape Fear River Contaminated Water Litigation (E.D.N.C.): Cohen Milstein serves as Interim Co-Lead Class Counsel, overseeing a putative class action against E.I. DuPont de Nemours Company and The Chemours Company for discharging toxic chemicals into the Cape Fear River—a source of drinking water for five counties in North Carolina.
- In re Flint Water Crisis Class Action Litigation (E.D. Mich.): Cohen Milstein is Interim Co-Lead Class Counsel for a group of related class action lawsuits filed in federal court on behalf of Flint, Michigan residents and businesses harmed by exposure to toxic levels of lead and other hazards from the city’s drinking water. On November 10, 2021, the Court granted final approval of a landmark $626.25 million settlement against the State of Michigan and other defendants. Litigation continues against two private water engineering firms.
Prior to joining Cohen Milstein, Ms. Deich clerked for the Honorable Cornelia Pillard of the United States Court of Appeals for the D.C. Circuit. She also clerked for the Honorable Katherine Polk Failla of the U.S. District Court for the Southern District of New York, as well as the Honorable Goodwin Liu of the California Supreme Court.
Ms. Deich received her B.A. from the University of Virginia, where she graduated with highest distinction, Phi Beta Kappa, and received several honors, including the Lewis M. Hammond Award. Ms. Deich received her J.D. from Harvard Law School, where she graduated magna cum laude and won the Ames moot court competition.