Effective December 18, 2023
We are committed to the privacy and security of your personal information.
Personal Information Collected
We collect and process personal information that allows us to identify you as reasonably necessary and proportionate for our specific business purposes. This personal information includes:
- Contact information, such as your name, postal address, email address, and phone number you provide to us such as when you complete forms available to you on our website.
- Technical information, such as your Internet Protocol address, device ID, regional geolocation data, the pages of our website you visited, and other information that may be automatically generated when you interact with our website or when you email us.
- Client information, such as information provided to us by our clients or on our clients’ behalf, so we can provide our clients with services, including legal services, and which may include identification numbers, financial account information such as bank account numbers, or account access information such as usernames and passwords.
- Employment-related information, such as the names of past employers or job titles, certain non-public education information, or other protected characteristics such as race or gender you provide to us when applying for jobs with us, or in connection with your receiving employee benefits.
- We collect other categories of information about you as reasonably necessary for specific business purposes including deidentified, aggregated, or publicly available information
How We Collect Your Personal Information
In the past 12 months, we may have collected your personal information through several sources as reasonably necessary and proportionate for our specific business purposes. These sources include:
Directly through you when you actively provided us with personal information, such as contact information, through filling out forms on our website, or through contacting us by mail, email, or other means, to enquire about our services, employment opportunities, or for other reasons.
Information you provided to us in connection with your engaging us for our services, including legal services, and certain specific business services, and continued to provide to us in connection with our providing such services to you.
Third parties such as internet service providers, data analytics service providers, advertising networks, social networks, and operating systems, automatically through your accessing our website, through cookies, and our other online platforms.
Third parties such as our clients, other law firms, recruitment agencies, government entities, financial institutions, or other organizations with which you may have interacted or had past dealings.
How We Use Your Personal Information
We use your personal information as reasonably necessary and proportionate for our specific business purposes. In the past 12 months, those purposes may have included:
- Specific business purposes where you provided your consent for us to use your personal information.
- Communicating with you, including responding to your requests for information or to notify you of services we provide, employment opportunities, and to provide you with other information that may be of interest to you.
- Performing services on behalf of our business, including ongoing operations, accounting, administrative, reporting, account maintenance and other processes that are necessary for our business purposes in providing services to you or to comply with legal obligations.
- Understanding how you use our services and what services you are interested in, to provide you with improved service, including through our website, and to verify and maintain the quality of our website, services, and compliance.
- Preventing, detecting, or investigating security incidents that compromise the availability, authenticity, integrity, or confidentiality of stored or transmitted personal information, and to resist malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal actions
With Whom We Share Your Personal Information
- We do not sell or rent your personal information to third parties for monetary or other valuable consideration and have not done so in the past 12 months.
- In the past 12 months, we may have shared your personal information with our contracted third-party processors or service providers who assist us in the operations of our business, and in providing services to you and our clients, and when required by law. These third parties include:
- Professional services organizations, including those providing insurance, accountancy, legal, and auditing services.
- Information technology and telecommunications service providers, including cloud storage and data storage providers.
- Litigation support service providers and other service providers to whom we have outsourced certain aspects of the administration of our business and operations.
- Marketing service providers.
- Expert witnesses and other consulting experts.
- Other third parties when necessary or required to comply with laws, including with opposing counsel and with co-counsel in litigation.
- Cybersecurity service providers.
How We Protect Your Personal Information
We have put in place reasonable security measures to protect your personal data from unauthorized illegal access, including through technological, administrative, organizational, and physical means.
How Long We Retain Your Personal Information
We retain your personal information as long as necessary to fulfil the reasonable and proportionate business purposes for which we collected your information, including to comply with legal, regulatory, tax, accounting, or reporting requirements, and as long as necessary to protect our rights, property, or safety, and to protect the rights, property, and safety of our website’s users, our clients, and other third parties. If you have questions regarding how long we keep specific elements of your personal information, please contact us.
Notice to California Residents of Your Privacy Rights
If you are a resident of California, you may have certain rights as a consumer under the California Consumer Protection Act (“CCPA”) as amended by the California Privacy Rights Act (“CPRA”) with respect to your personal information:
L – Right to Limit the use and disclosure of sensitive personal information: You can direct us to only use your sensitive personal information (for example, your identification numbers or financial account information for limited purposes, such as providing you with the services you requested.
O – Right to Opt-Out: You may request that we stop selling or sharing your personal information (“opt-out”), including via a user-enabled global privacy control. We cannot sell or share your personal information after we receive your opt-out request unless you later authorize us to do so again.
C – Right to Correct: You may ask us to correct inaccurate information that we have about you.
K – Right to Know: You can request that we disclose to you: (1) the categories and/or specific pieces of personal information they have collected about you, (2) the categories of sources for that personal information, (3) the purposes for which we use that information, (4) the categories of third parties with whom we disclose the information, and (5) the categories of information that we sell or discloses to third parties. You can make a request to know up to twice a year, free of charge.
E – Right to Equal treatment: We cannot discriminate against you for exercising your CCPA rights.
D- Right to Delete: You can request that we delete personal information we collected from you and tell our service providers to do the same, subject to certain exceptions (such as if we are legally required to keep the information).
Right to Request Records Regarding Third Party Direct Marketing Disclosures.
Under California’s “Shine the Light” law, you have the right to request and receive records including a list of your personal information we disclosed to third parties for direct marketing purposes in the preceding calendar year along with a list of the names and addresses of those third parties.
We will not use or disclose your sensitive personal information except for reasonable and proportionate business purposes such as providing you with the services you requested.We do not knowingly sell or share the personal information of any individuals under 16 years of age.
If you choose to exercise your California rights, we will not discriminate against you.
How to Submit a Request or Contact Us
- For any questions regarding this policy or to exercise your rights, you or your authorized agent may email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us using the following toll-free number: +1-888-347-4600.
- We will confirm receipt of your requests to delete, correct, or know no later than 10 business days after receiving your request in the same manner in which we received it. We will use a reasonable verification process to confirm your request or the requiring no more information than is necessary although we may provide you with an option to provide additional information to assist us in processing your request. We will respond to your requests no later than 45 calendar days after receipt of the request, beginning the date we receive any verifiable request. If more time is necessary, we will notify you and explain. If we receive a request from your authorized agent, we may require your written signed agreement authorizing your agent to act on your behalf. If you request to Opt-Out of the sale or sharing of your personal information with third parties, we will cease to do so as soon as feasibly possible, but no later than 15 business days from the date the date we received your request.
- We may update this policy from time to time. Please continue to check this policy periodically for changes, we will indicate the date of the latest updates.