Cohen Milstein has been named one of 16 law firms in the nation to be included in The National Law Journal’s 2019 Pro Bono Hot List.
Each year, The National Law Journal identifies a handful of law firms across the country that “serve as examples to their peers in the industry for their work providing legal services for the underserved.” Of the 16 firms recognized this year, Cohen Milstein is the only plaintiffs’ firm.
The honor recognizes several high-profile cases, in which Cohen Milstein has been involved as lead or co-lead counsel or played a principal role – all in a pro bono capacity. The cases include:
- Englund v. World Pawn Exchange, No. 16CV00598 (Ore. Circ. Crt., Multnomah Cty.)
- H.C. v. Ric Bradshaw, No. 9:18cv80810 (S.D. Fla.)
- Hand v. Scott, No. 4:17-cv-00128-MW-CAS (N.D. Fla.)
- National Association for the Advancement of Colored People v. Trump, No. 1:17-cv-01907 (D.D.C.)
- District of Columbia v. Trump, No. 8:17-cv-01596 (D. Md.)
- Kurd v. The Republic of Turkey, No. 1:18-cv-01117-CKK (D.D.C.)
A complete list of 2019 Pro Bono Hot List honorees can be accessed here.
Cohen Milstein's Pro Bono Hot List profile can be accessed here.