Careers | Fellows
Explore a rewarding. career path.
A fellowship at Cohen Milstein offers the opportunity to build litigation skills and explore the diverse and rewarding career paths available for public interest litigators in the private sector.
Fellows participate in all aspects of our work — investigating potential cases, researching cutting-edge legal issues, conducting discovery, drafting pleadings, and collaborating with colleagues across the country. You’ll also have the opportunity to participate in formal training and professional development programming, and to develop mentoring relationships.
You can join us from a variety of professional backgrounds — directly from law school, from a judicial clerkship, or from a fellowship with another public interest organization.
This year-long program begins in September each year and takes place in our Washington, D.C. office. We begin accepting applications in August or September for the following fall. To be considered, please be prepared to submit a cover letter, resume, writing sample and law school transcript.
Compelling & Important Cases
In recent years, Fellows have contributed to compelling and important matters across the firm, including:
- Briefing, oral argument preparation, and trial preparation in an international human trafficking matter
- Complex discovery and class certification briefing in a case involving pregnancy discrimination
- Complex discovery in an antitrust class action alleging anti-competitive conduct in the market for interest rate swaps
- Complex discovery and class certification briefing in case challenging ERISA violations in connection with retirement savings plan
- Trial preparation in a case involving gender discrimination in pay and promotion opportunities
- Appellate briefing in a major securities fraud case
We are committed.
Live well, work well.
We offer benefits that support you at every stage of your career and promote a healthy, fulfilling life for you and your family. The benefits we offer are based on evolving employee needs and the idea that taking care of our people is good for all of us.
YOUR Health & Wellness
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance plans
- Medical and dependent flexible spending accounts
- Health savings account
- Employee Assistance Program with counseling, resources, and referral services
- Paid time off including 11 paid holidays
- Paid new parent leave
YOUR Financial FITNESS
- Roth and traditional 401(k) with profit sharing potential
- Financial literacy sessions
- Pre-tax transportation benefit program
- Life and AD&D insurance
- Short-term and long-term disability insurance
- Bar dues
- Hybrid work arrangements and flexible work schedules
- Business casual attire
- Mentor program
- Practicing Law Institute (PLI) CLE Access and other skills enhancement programming
YOUR WORK COMMUNITY
- Annual attorney retreat
- Summer social and other gatherings
- Breakfasts, lunches, yoga, and more!
- Community engagement opportunities