CAREERS | ATTORNEYS
Practice with purpose.
If you want to advance a more just and equitable economy and society, Cohen Milstein may be the place for you.
We are proud to represent individuals and small businesses with challenging and important legal claims. Through the courts, we advocate for those who have been harmed by unsafe, unscrupulous, or discriminatory conduct, often by powerful entities with substantial legal resources.
We seek to hold those who do harm accountable while advancing a more just and equitable society, principally through complex class action litigation. Our goal is to help the most plaintiffs with similar legal claims at once, while inspiring change at the industry level.
Our work is challenging and rewarding. We look to hire outstanding attorneys who value hard work, want to provide exceptional representation, seek a diverse and intellectually vibrant workplace, and bring strong research and writing skills and a demonstrated commitment to public interest litigation.
If this sounds appealing, read on.
We offer attorneys at all levels an opportunity to accelerate their careers as litigators. The size and nature of our practice provides remarkable opportunity, allowing for more direct case involvement, close working relationships, and meaningful mentorship experiences.
Associates have the opportunity to interact directly with clients, take depositions, manage complex discovery, argue motions, assist in trying cases and negotiating settlement –invaluable experiences that are often not available to more junior attorneys at larger firms.
We offer highly experienced litigation and trial attorneys from the government, defense bar, and other plaintiffs’ firms exceptional opportunities to play key team and leadership roles in complex litigation in a range of legal disciplines that involve compelling arguments of social and/or economic justice.
We are committed.
Live well, work well.
We offer benefits that support you at every stage of your career and promote a healthy, fulfilling life for you and your family. The benefits we offer are based on evolving employee needs and the idea that taking care of our people is good for all of us.
YOUR Health & Wellness
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance plans
- Medical and dependent flexible spending accounts
- Health savings account
- Employee Assistance Program with counseling, resources, and referral services
- Paid time off including 11 paid holidays
- Paid new parent leave
YOUR Financial FITNESS
- Roth and traditional 401(k) with profit sharing potential
- Financial literacy sessions
- Pre-tax transportation benefit program
- Life and AD&D insurance
- Short-term and long-term disability insurance
- Bar dues
- Hybrid work arrangements and flexible work schedules
- Business casual attire
- Mentor program
- Practicing Law Institute (PLI) CLE Access and other skills enhancement programming
YOUR WORK COMMUNITY
- Annual attorney retreat
- Summer social and other gatherings
- Breakfasts, lunches, yoga, and more!
- Community engagement opportunities