Cohen Milstein is conducting an investigation into a widely reported multi-state outbreak of lung disease associated with the use of e-cigarette, vape, e-hookah, and electronic nicotine delivery systems (ENDS) products, including devices, liquids, refill pods, and/or cartridges.
If you believe that you are suffering from a respiratory illness associated with any of these e-cigarette products and you are interested in potentially participating in this investigation and potential litigation, please contact the Cohen Milstein attorneys in charge of the investigation Leslie M. Kroeger, Partner, 1-877 515 7955 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
KEY FACTS ABOUT E-CIGARETTES OR VAPING FROM THE CDC:
- Electronic cigarettes – or e-cigarettes — are also called vapes, e-hookahs, vape pens, and electronic nicotine delivery systems (ENDS).
- E-cigarette brands include Juul, Vuse, Halo, VaporFi, SmokeTip, South Beach Smoke, Vapor4Life, NJOY, Mig Vapor, Blu eCigs, Om Vapors, Green Smoke, Joyetech, Kangertech, E-Cig, EverSmoke, among others.
- E-cigarettes work by heating a liquid to produce an aerosol that users inhale into their lungs.
- The liquid can contain: nicotine, tetrahydrocannabinol (THC) and cannabinoid (CBD) oils, and other substances and additives.
ADDITIONAL KEY FACTS FROM THE CDC:
- As of October 1, 2019, 1,080 cases of lung illness reported from 48 states and 1 U.S. territory. Eighteen deaths have been reported from 15 states -- all involving the use e-cigarette product use or vaping.
- Most patients have reported a history of using e-cigarette products containing THC. Many patients have reported using THC and nicotine. Some have reported the use of e-cigarette products containing only nicotine.
- Symptoms include: nonproductive cough, pleuritic chest pain, or shortness of breath, as well as tachycardia, fever, chills, fatigue, nausea, vomiting, abdominal pain, and diarrhea. Most identified patients have been hospitalized with hypoxemia, which, in some cases, has progressed to acute or subacute respiratory failure.
Reported U.S. States (Associated with related deaths.) – As of October 1, 2019.
- Alabama, California (2), Delaware, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, Indiana, Kansas (2), Minnesota, Mississippi, Missouri, Nebraska, New Jersey, Oregon (2) and Virginia.
Reported U.S. States (Associated with Illness) – As of October 1, 2019
- AL, AR, AZ, CA, CO, CT, DE, FL, GA, HI, IA, ID, IL, IN, KS, KY, LA, MA, ME, MD, MI, MN, MO, MT, NC, ND, NE, NJ, NM, NV, NY, OH, OK, OR, PA, SC, SD, TN, TX, UT, VA, WA, WI, WV, and WY.
Reported U.S. Territories (Associated with Illness) – As of October 1, 2019.
Cohen Milstein’s Complex Tort Litigation practice is a premier, nationally recognized, plaintiffs litigation practice, representing individuals who have suffered catastrophic injuries and environmental harm due to unsafe products, toxic substances, medical negligence, or other forms of injury and abuse.
THE FOLLOWING ATTORNEYS ARE OVERSEEING THIS INVESTIGATION:
Leslie M. Kroeger, Co-Chair of Cohen Milstein’s Complex Tort Litigation practice
t: 877 515 7955
Adam J. Langino, Of Counsel, Cohen Milstein’s Complex Tort Litigation practice
t: 919 890-0563