Our Whistleblower/False Claims Act team is co-chaired by Gary L. Azorsky and Jeanne A. Markey, two of the most highly regarded whistleblower/qui tam litigators in the United States.
- Gary L. Azorsky – With over 30 years of litigation experience, Mr. Azorsky has recovered nearly $2.5 billion in defrauded funds for federal and state governments, including hundreds of millions of dollars for whistleblower clients. Mr. Azorsky is recognized for his expertise in the False Claims Act, having provided expert guidance on the FCA in congressional hearings and before the Vermont Senate Judiciary Committee in support of the passage of the FCA for the state, as well as serving as an expert witness in a legal malpractice case concerning qui tam practice.
- Jeanne A. Markey – Repeatedly recognized among the Lawdragon “500 Leading Plaintiff Financial Lawyers” in the United States, Ms. Markey has successfully represented whistleblowers in federal and state cases across the country in some of highest-profile qui tam litigation in the health care, defense, financial services, and education sectors. She has also represented whistleblower clients in the connection with VA fraud, , in SEC related matters, and in matters involving complex financial instruments. She has spoken publicly on various aspects of the federal False Claims Act and co-authored numerous published articles.
The other members of our team each bring with them a wide range of skills and accomplishments:
- Casey M. Preston – Mr. Preston has more than 20 years of experience successfully representing individuals, businesses, and government entities in a variety of complex litigation matters, focusing most of his time on helping whistleblowers investigate, report, and pursue recoveries from companies that engage in illegal conduct and practices that defraud the government or investors. Mr. Preston has helped the federal and state governments, investors, and clients recover hundreds of millions of dollars and hold those who violate the law accountable.
- Raymond Sarola – Mr. Sarola is a former Senior Policy Advisor & Counsel in the Mayor’s Office of the City of New York, where he served as a trustee-designee on the boards of the city’s pension plans and deferred compensation plan, with combined assets then in excess of $150 billion. He was previously a litigation associate at a large New York defense firm, where he worked primarily on securities and antitrust matters.
- Gina Poserina – Ms. Poserina was a registered nurse in intensive care units before attending law school. Prior to joining Cohen Milstein, Gina was Of Counsel at a highly regarded False Claims Act and employment litigation firm in New Jersey and Pennsylvania, and was the sole proprietor of her own firm, focusing on False Claims Act and employment litigation. In those practices, Gina successfully argued cases before the United States Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit, and successfully briefed a case to the United States Supreme Court.