Cohen Milstein Sellers & Toll PLLC is accepting applications for an Associate in the Securities Litigation and Protection Practice in our Washington, D.C., or New York office.
The Securities Litigation and Investor Protection Practice Area seeks to hold corporations accountable by exposing and fighting corporate fraud and other malfeasance. We act as private attorneys general enforcing provisions of the federal securities laws, and work to reform corporate governance through shareholder derivative suits. We currently represent investors in several notable matters, including cases against:
- a major pharmaceutical company for artificially inflating its prices and deceiving its shareholders;
- a prominent high-frequency trading firm for manipulating the market for certain Korean futures contracts;
- Six of the world’s largest investment banks for colluding to prevent modernization of the securities lending market; and
- Certain officers and directors of a hotel and casino company for shielding their former CEO from accountability for sexually abusing and harassing employees - a novel use of corporate law to combat sexual misconduct.
Our cases offer a unique opportunity to advance the public good while working in private practice. Applicants must be able to take a substantial role in researching and writing complaints and briefs, play a strong supporting role in discovery, and supervise paralegals in litigation-related tasks, among other responsibilities. Applicants should also have the following skills and qualifications:
- One to four years of litigation experience
- A strong academic background with excellent writing skills and analytic ability
- the ability to manage and thrive in a fast-paced work environment
Cohen Milstein is eager to develop the next generation of securities lawyers and does not require candidates for this position to have a background in securities law or finance. Associates in DC, who wish to be considered must be an active member of the DC bar or be willing to apply for membership within 90 days of employment at the firm.
To be considered for this opportunity, please submit a cover letter, resume and law school transcript. All application materials should be sent in order as one PDF document to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please indicate “Securities Associate” in the subject line.
Cohen Milstein is an equal opportunity employer committed to promoting a diverse workplace. We strongly encourage women, people of color, and other candidates from under-represented backgrounds to apply.