The Public Client Practice Group is seeking a Paralegal to work in our Washington, D.C. Office on a full-time basis. The Public Client Practice Group represents its state Attorney General clients on high-stakes and large-scale matters as they pursue their mission to protect consumers, patients, workers, and public funds from false claims and deceptive practices. We have assisted public clients in litigating landmark consumer fraud cases against many of the largest financial services, healthcare, and other companies in the United States.
To qualify for this position, candidates must have the following:
- Bachelor’s degree
- Exceptional organizational skills and attention to detail
- Strong research, analytical, and writing skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Desire to work in a collaborative, team-based environment
- Experience in, and commitment to, delivering outstanding work product for clients
One or more of the following additional skills and experience will strengthen a candidate’s application:
- Experience interviewing witnesses and investigating the facts of a case
- Proficiency in using specialized online research platforms (including LEXIS/NEXIS and Westlaw) and document review platforms (Everlaw, Relativity, @Legal, etc.)
- Experience with Bluebooking, cite-checking, and proofreading legal documents
- Specialized training or experience conducting data analysis using Microsoft Excel or other software tools
- Experience working as a paralegal in a law firm, government, or non-profit setting
- Conducting fact research, investigation, and analysis to support legal proceedings.
- Assisting with the drafting, proofreading, and cite-checking of legal documents.
- Providing independent, self-directed day-to-day case management, including monitoring deadlines, monitoring case correspondence, and maintaining records and case files.
- Assisting attorneys with preparation for hearings, depositions, and other litigation events.
We welcome all interested candidates to apply, including both recent college graduates and experienced paralegals. Responsibilities and salary are commensurate with relevant experience. Preference will be given to candidates who will make a two-year minimum commitment to the position.
Cohen Milstein is an equal opportunity employer committed to promoting a diverse workplace. We strongly encourage women, people of color, and other candidates from under-represented backgrounds to apply.
To be considered, please submit a cover letter, resume and academic transcripts to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please indicate “Public Client Paralegal” in the subject line