Marketing Manager / Specialist
Cohen Milstein Sellers & Toll PLLC is seeking a bright, highly motivated, client service-oriented Marketing Specialist or Manager with excellent critical thinking skills and a broad-based marketing background. The Marketing Specialist or Manager will work with the Director of Marketing, firm and practice group leaders and attorneys across the firm to increase the visibility, awareness and appreciation of the firm’s capabilities and credentials amongst its various target audiences. The Marketing Specialist or Manager will report to the Director of Marketing, and work closely with the firm’s Senior Marketing Manager and Marketing Specialist. Primary responsibilities will include:
- Marketing Planning / Objective Setting: Working with the Director of Marketing, firm and practice group leadership to define firm wide and practice group specific marketing and business development objectives; identifying an appropriate mix of marketing tactics / activities to achieve these objectives.
- Website: Monitoring, editing and updating the CMST website’s content and presentation; working proactively with practice groups to ensure that descriptions are regularly updated to reflect the firm’s most recent / significant case developments; managing the firm’s search engine optimization efforts; collecting and analyzing visitor traffic data.
- Marketing Communications: Assisting with the development, drafting, design, editing, scheduling and distribution of various marketing communications such as email alerts, newsletters, article reprints, ‘whitepapers’ and other substantive thought pieces, firm announcements, invitations, holiday greetings, etc.
- Speaking Engagements, Sponsorships, Conferences and Other Events: Assisting in the execution (i.e., registration, promotion, materials, etc.) of opportunities for the firm, practice groups and individuals to highlight our substantive areas of expertise through speaking engagements, event sponsorships, conference attendance and other promotional activities.
- Awards, Directories, Surveys and Rankings: Monitoring and evaluating the multitude of lawyer awards and recognitions; identifying those that are most meaningful (i.e., both visible and credible) to the firm’s clients, prospects, referral sources and other members of its target audience; developing annual awards calendar; collecting data, drafting nominations and managing a timely submission process.
- Social Media: Assisting with the management and execution of the firm’s presence across all relevant social media channels (e.g., LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter); identifying our target audience(s) and defining our desired ‘voice’ / message for each medium.
Desired attributes include:
- Relevant Bachelor’s degree required.
- 5+ years of marketing experience; 2+ years in a law firm or similar professional services environment.
- Strong organizational skills; demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite required; experience with basic design and database software a plus.
- Client service orientation.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Outstanding communication skills, both written and oral.
- Strategic perspective.
- Intellectual curiosity.
- Proactive mindset.
Qualified candidates should send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please be sure to indicate "Marketing Specialist / Manager" in the subject line.
Cohen Milstein is an equal opportunity employer committed to promoting a diverse workplace. We strongly encourage women and minority candidates to apply. Qualified candidates only; no agencies or phone calls please.