Cohen Milstein Sellers & Toll PLLC is one of the country’s premier class action firms. With more than 90 attorneys and six offices, we specialize in groundbreaking and high-stakes litigation concerning Antitrust, Civil Rights and Employment, Consumer Protection, Securities Fraud and Investor Protection, Employee Benefits, Qui Tam/False Claims Act, International Human Rights, Catastrophic Injury and matters representing state attorneys general in civil law enforcement investigations and litigation.
We are seeking a detail-oriented and self-motivated individual to be part of a dynamic team working to recover assets for investors. A qualified candidate for this entry-level position will support the Securities Fraud litigation practice group, and will be primarily responsible for updating and maintaining financial information for our investor clients and performing calculations to determine investment losses resulting from fraud.
Daily job responsibilities will include coordinating with custodian banks to obtain access to our clients' investment data, managing investment data, and performing damage calculations. Additionally, the individual candidate will update internal databases with client information and information about relevant securities fraud litigation, assist in preparing responses to Request for Proposals, and will work with attorneys at the firm on specific projects as needed.
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Strong research skills
- Capable of managing multiple tasks simultaneously
- Self-motivated and detail-oriented
- Ability to meet deadlines, logically tackle problems, and set priorities
- Familiarity with financial markets, securities and/or accounting
- Proficiency in MS Excel
- Experience with VBA, Python (or other basic programming language), Bloomberg Terminal, and/or MS Access/SQL is a plus
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Finance, Accounting, Economics, or related field preferred
- 0-2 years of relevant professional experience and educational background
We offer a competitive salary, excellent benefits, and a wonderful work environment. Candidates who can start by April 1st are preferred. Preference will also be given to candidates who will make a two-year minimum commitment to the position.
Cohen Milstein is an equal opportunity employer committed to promoting a diverse workplace. We strongly encourage women, people of color, and other candidates from underrepresented backgrounds to apply.
To be considered for this opportunity, please submit a cover letter, resume and academic transcripts. All application materials should be sent in order as one PDF document to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please indicate “Financial Data Analyst” in the subject line.