Financial Data Analyst
The Securities Litigation & Investor Protection practice group is seeking a detail-oriented and self-motivated individual to be part of a dynamic team working to recover assets for investors. A qualified candidate for this entry-level position will be primarily responsible for updating and maintaining financial information for our investor clients and performing calculations to determine investment losses resulting from fraud.
Daily job responsibilities will include coordinating with custodian banks to obtain access to our clients' investment data, managing investment data, and performing damage calculations. Additionally, the individual candidate will update internal databases with client information and information about relevant securities fraud litigation, assist in preparing responses to Request for Proposals, and will work with attorneys at the firm on specific projects as needed.
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Strong research skills
- Capable of managing multiple tasks simultaneously
- Self-motivated and detail-oriented
- Ability to meet deadlines, logically tackle problems, and set priorities
- Familiarity with financial markets/securities
- Proficiency in MS Excel
- Experience with VBA, Python (or other basic programming language), Bloomberg Terminal, and/or MS Access/SQL is a plus
- Candidate must be available to start by May or June 2019
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Finance, Accounting, Economics, or Statistics preferred.
- 0-2 years of relevant professional experience and educational background
Cohen Milstein is an equal opportunity employer committed to promoting a diverse workplace. We strongly encourage women, people of color, and other candidates from under-represented backgrounds to apply.
To be considered for this opportunity, please submit a cover letter, resume and transcript to email@example.com. Please indicate “Financial Data Analyst” in the subject line.