Cohen Milstein Sellers & Toll PLLC is one of the country’s premier class action firms. With more than 100 attorneys and six offices, we specialize in groundbreaking and high-stakes litigation concerning Antitrust, Civil Rights and Employment, Consumer Protection, Securities Fraud and Investor Protection, Employee Benefits, Qui Tam/False Claims Act, International Human Rights, Catastrophic Injury and matters representing state attorneys general in civil law enforcement investigations and litigation.
The Employee Benefits/ERISA Practice Group is seeking a Paralegal to work in our Washington, D.C. Office on a full-time basis. This position requires strong analytical and interpersonal skills, willingness to work overtime as needed, a commitment to teamwork, and the ability to handle multiple priorities and work with minimal supervision.
We welcome all interested candidates to apply, including recent college graduates. This is an ideal position for candidates who are interested in learning more about legal practice before going on to law school. We offer a competitive salary, excellent benefits, and a wonderful work environment. Preference will be given to candidates who will make a two-year minimum commitment to the position.
The ideal candidate will possess:
To qualify for this position, candidates must have the following:
- Bachelor’s degree
- Strong organizational skills and consistent, close attention to detail
- Sound judgment, and strong oral/written communication skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office products
- Desire to work in a collaborative, team-based environment
One or more of the following additional skills and experience will strengthen a candidate’s application:
- Prior paralegal experience
- Federal court litigation experience
- Experience with LEXIS/NEXIS and Westlaw
- Experience with Bluebooking, cite-checking, and proofreading legal documents
- Experience with discovery management platforms (e.g. Everlaw, Relativity, etc.), PACER, and CM-ECF
- Assembling and proofreading motions and other legal documents
- Assisting attorneys in managing contacts with potential/current clients and class members
- Conducting fact research, investigation, and analysis to support legal proceedings
- Providing independent, self-directed day-to-day case management, including monitoring deadlines, monitoring case correspondence, and maintaining records and case files
- Assisting attorneys with preparation for hearings, depositions, and other litigation events in a class action practice
Cohen Milstein is an equal opportunity employer committed to promoting a diverse workplace. We strongly encourage women, people of color, and other candidates from under-represented backgrounds to apply.
To apply, please submit a cover letter, resume and academic transcript, Application materials should be submitted in the order outlined above in PDF format to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please indicate “Employee Benefits Paralegal” in the subject line.