Cohen Milstein is one of the country’s premier law firms for complex civil ligation on behalf of plaintiffs. With more than 90 attorneys and six offices, we specialize in groundbreaking and high-stakes litigation concerning antitrust, civil rights, consumer protection, employee benefits, international human rights, securities, and matters representing state attorneys general in civil law enforcement investigations.
Cohen Milstein’s Consumer Protection Practice Group is seeking a Staff Attorney to work in our Washington, D.C., or New York Office. This will be a full-time position for a period of six (6) months. The Consumer Protection Practice Group works to protect consumers from deceptive business practices and defective products. Cohen Milstein has been successful at recovering monetary compensation for consumers who were deceived by consumer service providers such as banks, insurance companies, credit card companies and phone companies.
The Staff Attorney will mostly be responsible for reviewing, analyzing, summarizing and coding documents produced in discovery. In addition, the Staff Attorney may be asked to assist with other discovery tasks, including deposition preparation.
- Juris Doctor degree from an accredited law school
- Must be actively licensed to practice in D.C. or New York
- Document review experience; preferably for plaintiffs in class action litigation
- Litigation experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail required to handle large volumes of documents and work associated with each case
- The ability to work independently and effectively in a fast-paced environment
- Good analytic skills to synthesize large amounts of information into accurate summaries
To be considered for this opportunity, please submit a cover letter, resume and law school transcript. All application materials should be sent in order as one PDF document to email@example.com. Please indicate “Staff Attorney – Consumer Protection” in the subject line.
Cohen Milstein is an equal opportunity employer committed to promoting a diverse workplace. We strongly encourage women, people of color, and other candidates from underrepresented backgrounds to apply.