Cohen Milstein’s Washington, D.C. office seeks a Staff Attorney to work with our Consumer Protection Practice Group. The Consumer Protection Practice Group works to protect consumers from deceptive business practices and defective products. Cohen Milstein has been successful at recovering monetary compensation for consumers who were deceived by consumer service providers such as banks, insurance companies, credit card companies and phone companies.
The Staff Attorney will be responsible for reviewing documents; factual research for existing cases and for investigations; and assisting with other discovery tasks, including responding to discovery requests and deposition preparation, drafting pleadings and briefs.
- Juris Doctor degree from an accredited law school and licensed to practice in D.C.
- 1-3 years of litigation experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail required to handle large volumes of documents and work associated with each case
- The ability to work effectively in a fast-paced environment
- Good analytic skills to synthesize large amounts of information into accurate summaries
- The ability to work independently
Cohen Milstein is an equal opportunity employer committed to promoting a diverse workplace. We strongly encourage women and minority candidates to apply.
Interested applicants should submit their cover letter, resume, and law school transcript to email@example.com. Please include “Staff Attorney (Consumer Protection)” in the subject line.