Cohen Milstein Sellers & Toll PLLC is one of the country’s premier class action firms. With more than 100 attorneys and six offices, we specialize in groundbreaking and high-stakes litigation concerning Antitrust, Civil Rights and Employment, Consumer Protection, Securities Fraud and Investor Protection, Employee Benefits, Qui Tam/False Claims Act, International Human Rights, Catastrophic Injury and matters representing state attorneys general in civil law enforcement investigations and litigation.
The Civil Rights & Employment practice group seeks an entry-level Paralegal to work in our Washington, D.C. office on a full-time basis. The Civil Rights & Employment Group represents employees facing systemic discrimination in the workplace, people challenging discrimination in housing and lending, and workers who are not paid properly for their overtime.
The individual hired for this position will provide support for attorneys in the practice group’s cases. The work involves, among other things, factual research, including interviewing potential class members; maintaining client records and responding to client questions; extensive document review; organizing and coding of documents; the management of case files; and performing clerical tasks associated with filing documents in U.S. courts. Ideal candidates should possess the following:
- a demonstrated interest in law, civil rights, or both;
- an understanding of, and willingness to learn about, basic legal concepts, terminology, principles, and procedures;
- excellent communication and writing ability, organizational skills, analytical skills, and interpersonal skills;
- the ability to work independently and juggle multiple projects;
- attention to detail;
- commitment to working as part of team;
- a four-year degree with strong academic credentials
- Experience with legal research tools, such as Lexis/Nexis or Westlaw is a plus, as is experience with databases such as Microsoft Access.
- Spanish language skills are also a plus
We offer a competitive salary, excellent benefits, and a wonderful work environment. Candidate must be available to start by June 2020. Preference will be given to candidates who will make a two-year minimum commitment to the position.
Cohen Milstein is an equal opportunity employer committed to promoting a diverse workplace. We strongly encourage women, people of color, and other candidates from under-represented backgrounds to apply.
To apply, please submit a cover letter, resume and academic transcript. Application materials should be submitted in the order outlined above in one PDF format to email@example.com. Please indicate “Civil Rights Paralegal” in the subject line.